Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Headed Back to Phoenix

It's nearly 5:30 a.m. and I'm waiting for my flight back to Phoenix via Memphis.  I Got up at 2:30 to make the 80 mile drive from Farmington to Lambert Field and am now awaiting my 12th flight in 4 months.  It was really good to be able to spend another week visiting with mom in the hospital and spending the evenings with dad at their house in Farmington.  Aimee will be arriving around noon tomorrow to spend a week with mom as well.  I know mom really appreciates the company, can't imagine laying in the hospital for a month (3 separate times in a 4 1/2 month  period) at a time all alone.Tomorrow Christine and I celebrate 22 years of marriage but the pastry chef has to work Friday and Saturday and on Sunday we are headed up the mountain to spend the 4th of July with friends in Prescott.  So I've made reservations at Tarbell's for Monday evening. Mark Tarbell is a local chef phenomenon and won the Iron Chef competition on the Food Network when he appeared against Cat Cora.  He also writes the weekly wine column in the Phoenix paper.  Christine has wanted to dine at his restaurant for years and we shall soon experience Tarbell's.

No comments:

Post a Comment