Sunday, March 22, 2009

Paella in Santa Fe

I spent a few days in Albuquerque this week and really enjoyed the authenticity of the Southwestern experience. Last time I was there I ate at the Monte Carlo which was featured on Guy Fiere's "Diners, Drive-ins and Dives." This time I had to follow-up on an episode that featured Sophia's Place and, as usual, it did not disappoint. The cod fish tacos were yummy but the pinon nut brownie was absolutely the best brownie I ever tasted! While in ABQ I was also able to get my fix of Texas BBQ at Rudy's; had the pulled pork and green chile stew. The big event of the trip however, albiet, I did have to do some work while I was there, was the Friday trip to Santa Fe. That is a really cool/historic/eclectic town! I dined at El Meson which is an authentic Spanish place where the chef/owner hails from Madrid. The bread was crunchy good, the sangria flowed like wine ;-) and the Pallea a la Valenciana was superb. Bomba rice cooked with saffron then loaded with chorizo, chicken, mussels, clams, shrimp, scallops and Mahi-Mahi is a recipe for heavenly dining! When in Santa Fe dine at El Meson.

No comments:

Post a Comment